Friday, April 26, 2013

Designer Mom Gets Creative While Kids Are In School

 Monday, December 1, 2008
My name is Karen Lozner and I am a womens and girls clothing designer. I sell from my online store (karenecouture.com) and studio. I am constantly creating new designs and posting them on my website. Therefore I require a lot of quiet time alone to be creative and productive.

I really love creating new designs for women and girls. However, I find that I am most creative when I'm alone in my studio and can have actual creative thoughts. In fact, when my children (4 & 8 years old) are in school, I have a blast creating new designs for my clothing collection. My clothes are vintage - inspired so a lot of my time is spent doing a lot of research on different fabric types and designs. Most of my time, however is spent on workmanship. I see myself in the eyes of a customer and believe that if a piece of clothing is not made well, it is not worth looking at. I consider each piece of garment that I have designed and made, as a work of art as well as a family heirloom.

I am grateful for my two wonderful kids and the joys they bring me. I'm also grateful and excited about having quiet time alone in which I can indulge in creativeness.
fashionclassesnj.com
fashionclassesny.com
karenecouture.com

No comments:

Post a Comment